Red Light Therapy to Boost the Immune System
Red Light Therapy to Boost the Immune System by RD
Red Light Therapy for Immune System
The immune system is one of the most important systems in the body. It is due to this reason that most people search for how they can boost their immune system. Although it is important to keep yourself healthy to minimize the possibility of getting an infection, there is one option that you need to consider if you want to improve your immune system. It is none other than red light therapy. Red light therapy for immune system has become extremely popular in recent times. Chances are that you have heard of it.
As you might already know, the immune system is responsible for keeping you healthy. It limits or prevents infection by identifying and destroying dangerous pathogens like bacteria and viruses. The immune system distinguishes between healthy cells and nefarious microorganisms to dispatch white blood cells which are the warriors of the immune system.
The white blood cells eliminate disease by warding off foreign pathogens such as NK cells, B cells, T cells, and macrophages. Thus, a formidable barrier is created which keeps internal threats and just about every type of disease at bay. This is why it is important to improve your immune system by sticking to a healthy diet, making lifestyle changes, and undergoing red light therapy.
Red Light Therapy
The human body responds to light positively similar to a plant. When light touches our skin, it is absorbed and converted into energy which offers a ton of benefits to the body. The wavelength of the light absorbed affects the ability of the body. For instance, UV light has both therapeutic and side effects. The secret to making the most of light therapy is to isolate the most useful wavelength and eliminate harmful wavelengths. This is where red light truly shines.
Researchers have been studying light and its impact on the human body for a long time now. The idea was originally tested by NASA wherein they initially performed tests on plants. Then, they discovered that red and near-infrared light had the ability to limit muscle and bone loss in astronauts that spent an extended period of time in zero gravity. This was only the beginning of the use of red light. Today, it is used for treating the immune system, organs, muscles, and skin conditions.
Undergoing red light therapy offers one of the best ways to boost your immune system. When the body is exposed to red light, it creates greater energy at the cellular level. It uses specific wavelengths of light of about 630 nm to 700 nm. As the light penetrates into the body, it reaches all the way into the internal organs. Then, it interacts with the mitochondria which is the power house of cells. The chain reaction caused by the absorption results in an abundance of advantages as mentioned below.
- Stimulation of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) Production: Food molecules are normally converted by mitochondria into energy as ATP. Red light therapy helps boost their by allowing the cells to produce greater ATP which allows them to fight all types of infections.
- Increased Capillaries: It boosts capillaries which allows for blood flow throughout the body is improved. This enables nutrients to be brought to the cells and cell-damaging waste to be removed.
- Reduced Cell Apoptosis: Cell apoptosis is a type of cell death. By undergoing red light therapy, there is improvement of cell proliferation and reduced apoptosis which helps ensure that there are more cells available for improving the functioning of the immune system.
- Improved Liver Regeneration: Liver regeneration is stimulated by red light which enables the liver to better sort nutrients and toxins.
- Improved Thyroid Health: The thyroid hormones are the modulators of our immune response. Hyperthyroid and hypothyroid disorders severely affect the ability of lymphocytes, natural killer cells, and macrophages. By restoring the normal functioning of the thyroid, it improves the ability of the immune cells to keep the body healthy.
- Stimulation of the Lymphatic System: The lymphatic system is critical for our immune system. As red light stimulates the lymphatic system, it allows for better performance.
- Activation of Stem Cells: As stem cells are activated, they are better mobilized by the immune system for ensuring that the body remains in excellent condition.
- Decreased Inflammation: Inflammation is the main cause of autoimmune diseases. Red light therapy helps decrease inflammation which has a positive impact on the functioning of the body.
- Increased Melatonin: Red light therapy also increases the production of melatonin which promotes restful sleep and prevents insomnia.
- Better Mood: The treatment helps improve your mood and fights off stress, anxiety, and depression.
Near-Infrared (NIR) Wavelengths
To unleash the full potential of red light therapy, it is crucial to use near-infrared wavelengths which range anywhere between 780 nm to 880 nm. The wavelengths are very powerful as they penetrate more deeply and provide plenty more benefits. The same cellular regeneration occurs which offers increased benefits for the kidneys, spleen, liver, and more. By combining the two types of wavelengths, your entire body would get to seek the advantages of the ultimate treatment. It is due to this reason that every Sam Chi Health LED product offers both options. You can utilize the products for reaping the advantages of the treatment. Besides, scientific research shows that the two wavelengths are critical for providing support to the immune system.
The truth is that red light therapy helps cause a positive chain reaction. Since the immune system is not an isolated system, your entire body benefits from the treatment. By exposing your skin to red light therapy on a regular basis, you can provide your body with continuous support. The procedure will bring out the best in your body. It will boost energy and heal a variety of skin conditions like psoriasis, rosacea, acne, sun damage, and wrinkles.
Now that you know everything about red light therapy for immune system, it is important that you get a red light therapy product from Sam Chi Health for the best outcome. The results will make you realize just how important the device is.